Friday, February 12, 2010

Corn Nuts

For me inspiration can come from some very unlikely sources. I've made beads inspired by wallpaper, shower curtains, a birth control commercial, even a freshly dropped cow patty. Yeah, pretty sad, I know. I live in the flat plains of the Texas panhandle. If you take inspirations from your surroundings around here, it's slim pickings.

Soooo not too long ago my daughter was chomping away on some ranch flavored corn nuts. Quite irritating listening to but a dimly lit light bulb went on over my head. Corn nuts? A corn that's nuts? I thought of two directions I could go with this. The first one, not so family oriented. So I got my mind out of the gutter and went with the second option.

I actually made two of these little fellers, however I didn't see the warning signs. :( I'm sad to say the other corn nut committed suicide. He jumped from my desk into the path of my chair rollers. Very traumatic. I didn't know him for long but he will be missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment